CLASSIC BIBIMBAP WITH FRIED EGG
2 cups medium-grain Korean/Japanese rice
1 large cucumber (sliced into thin strips)
1.5 cups bean sprouts (parboiled, excess water squeezed off)
1.5 cups spinach (parboiled, excess water squeezed off)
2 carrots (cut into thin, even strips)
4 shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated if dried and then sliced)
1 zucchini (sliced into thin strips)
225g cooked chicken meat
Fried egg as a topping
2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Cook rice in a rice cooker.
Give the cucumber strips a saltwater bath for 20 minutes and then drain.
- Season spinach with 2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and a dash of sesame seeds.
- Season bean sprouts with 2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and a dash of sesame seeds.
- Sauté the carrots with a dash of salt.
- Sauté the mushrooms with a dash of salt.
Sauté the zucchini with a dash of salt.
Place the cooked rice in large bowl and arrange vegetables on top.
Fried egg and chicken can be placed in the centre.
Serve each helping with small bowls of red pepper paste (gochujang) and sesame oil.
To eat, add a small amount of oil and desired amount of red pepper paste to your bowl and mix everything together with a spoon.
Tips: You may follow this method (goo.gl/yxXqnF) to make fried eggs.
~ enjoy ~