- 150 gram toasted whole hazelnut
- 55 gram cornflour
- 55 gram icing sugar
- 300 gram liquide egg whites
- 3 gram salt
- 110 gram sugar
1. Grind toasted hazelnut until fine. Mix in the sifted cornflour and icing sugar until well combined. Prepare a 9 x 9 inch pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites with salt until foamy. Add in sugar gradually and continue to whisk until whites are stiff, but not dry.
3. Fold in the almond mixture into the egg whites.
4. Spread mixture onto prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 15-20 minutes until the sponge is golden brown. Cool the sponge and peel off baking sheet.