CREAM PUFF WITH CUSTARD FILLING
- 100ml Water
- 45 gram Salted butter
- 60 gram Plain Flour
- 60 gram Liquid egg white
- 36 gram Liquid egg yolk
For custard filling
- 250ml Milk
- 60 gram Liquid egg yolk
- 150 gram Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
1. Preheat oven 180˚C fan forced. Prepare following ingredients for cream puff.
2. Dip 4 cm diameter round cutter with plain flour on the baking tray.
3. Combine water and butter into heatproof bowl.
4. Heat them on introduction cooker, stir while heating.
5. Heat until boil.
6. Remove from heat and add flour, all at once, stirring with silicon spoon until all the lumps are dissolved and it pulls away from sides of the pan (it will take about 2 minutes). Return it on induction cooker and cook for another 2-3 minute until it form the ball.
7. Remove from heat. Gradually add liquid egg yolk and liquid egg white, combine well after each addition, until the batter comes together.
8. This is your pastry dough. It will be thick, shiny, smooth and sticky.
9. Put it into a pastry bag with round tip and pipe it onto baking tray, 1 inch apart. Make desired size mounts-I prefer their diameter to bee 12.5 inch.
10. Smooth pointy tops with a wet finger, so that they don't burn while baking.
11. Bake in oven at 180˚C for 35-40 minutes.
12. Remove from oven. Let them cool completely
13. Cut in half with serrated knife.
For custard Filling
14. Prepare ingredients below for custard filling making.
15. Beat liquid egg yolk with caster sugar.
16. Whisk it until foamy light yellowish
17. Add on plain flour into mixture and whisk.
18. Using a sharp knife, split vanilla bean in half lengthways and scrape out seeds. Add bean and seeds to milk mixture.
19. Place over medium heat. Cook, Stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until hot (do not allow to boil). Remove heatproof bowl from heat.
20. Remove vanilla pod from milk mixture. Pour hot milk mixture over egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
21. Return mixture to induction cooker over low heat.
22. Cook stirring constantly, for 10 to 20 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not allow custard to boil, as it might curdle).
23. Remove from heat, place the mixture into another tray over the iced for cooling down immediately.
24. Wrap it with cling film to store into fridge.
25. Remove from fridge, pour the mixture into clean bowl and mix it.
26. Transfer them into star tip piping bag.
27. Pipe in between the cut puff crust. Dust the surface with some icing sugar for decoration.